Estimator (Full-Time, Commission)
Prostar is a growing business and we’re seeking a unique individual to grow with us. As a Project Manager and Estimator, you’ll be running a key chapter in our expanding company. You will be responsible for networking with new and existing clients, creating estimates, preparing bids for building maintenance related projects and leading a team of professionals to successfully complete those projects.
If you are highly motivated, goal oriented, have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment and possess a natural sales ability, we want to hear from you!
As a part of our team, you will be in an environment with the opportunity to increase your compensation based on dedication and hard work. The possibilities are endless. Additional perks include vehicle allowance, cell phone and full benefits.
Caring about our clients is something we put into practice every day and it’s important that our team members feel the same way. If you have the ability to provide excellent customer service, take pride in the work you do and demonstrate integrity and leadership, we want you on our team!
- Providing a professional service that gets recommended to others
- Developing estimates, identifying cost breakdowns, clarifications and job scope details
- Monitoring project schedules, budgets and work progress
- Leading a strong effective team that recognizes the vision of our company and respects your leadership
- Ensuring the project is in compliance with safety plans and regulations
- Independently driving production while problem solving any unique challenges that may arise
- Working with clients and giving accurate quotes that match their needs
- Networking to generate new clients and keep our existing ones
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all stakeholders
- Setting and reviewing weekly and monthly goals and demonstrating the tenacity it takes to not only hit these goals but to surpass them
- You value each customer, care for them as individuals and understand their needs
- You naturally build meaningful relationships everywhere you go, you know that sales is not a task but something you enjoy doing
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills
- You are fully capable of multitasking and can manage multiple projects at one time
- You are extremely organized and posses excellent planning and time management skills
- You are methodical, punctual and reliable
- You are a strong problem solver and decision maker
- You demonstrate integrity and leadership
- You are someone that realizes their strengths and weaknesses and is willing to work towards improving themselves, others, and our business
- You are someone that has always been ahead of the curve sparking new ideas and is able to differentiate yourself from the competition
- You are a strong leader that can easily transfer your passion to your team and take ownership and pride in the work that you do
- Post Secondary required- bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in business management or related field
- Substantial industry experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Strong math skills*
- Advanced level proficiency with MS Office suite* (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.)
- Experience or advanced level of understanding of construction trades*
- Experience in building painting, restoration and/or building maintenance is a strong asset
- A valid BC driver’s license required*- in order to travel to client locations throughout Greater Vancouver and the Fraser Valley
- Must be fluent in English*
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills*
*All applications are appreciated, however only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered.
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year