Office Manager / Bookkeeper (DELTA)
We are a well-established, specialty restoration company with a carefully selected team. Our business is a fast-paced, around the clock operation providing remediation, extreme cleaning services and pest control throughout the lower mainland.
We’re looking for someone with expertise to join our team as the bookkeeper/office administrator, and keep us organized as we continue to grow. Charisma, professionalism, and a can-do attitude are an absolute must. The ideal candidate has relevant experience in a similar role and very strong written and oral communication abilities. We’re looking for someone confident in their skills, able to keep a multi-team operation coordinated, and who will thrive in an exciting environment.
Pest Control Sales and Service Technician (Full-Time)
As an industry leader in pest control and bed bug extermination in the Lower Mainland, 1st Pest Control has experienced unprecedented growth over the last several years, and as a result, we are looking for career minded technicians to help us keep up with demand.
Are you tired of national pest control brands that treat you like a number? Or maybe you are looking to enter a new and exciting trade. As a locally owned and operated company, we treat each employee as family. 1st Pest Control is on the leading edge of pest control technology and techniques. We offer Heat remediation for bed bug control, K9 inspection services, operate a Raptor Safe Program to help protect wild bird species, and on the job and paid training for our employees in newly approved standards, protocols, and operating procedures. We offer a competitive wage and benefits, an awesome working environment, and support from senior staff and help when needed for those tricky pest situations. This is your opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team of individuals in an industry that requires you to think on your feet every day! Customer education is the most important thing 1st Pest Control offers. We are not simply looking to spray a chemical or apply a product and hope to solve a pest problem. Instead, we encourage excellent communication between our pest control specialists and our clients, so they understand why we are completing a treatment the way we are, or why preparation work is essential to eliminating a persistent pest infestation, etc. By educating our clientele, we are able to build relationships with our customers for years to come!
Benefits of working for 1st Pest Control:
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card
- Vehicle insurance
- Work cell phone
- Ongoing training
- Paid vacation and stat holidays
- Benefits including extended medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- All tools, equipment, and uniforms supplied
- Staff Christmas party, team builders, annual company BBQ
- A higher hourly rate + sales commission for contract sales than other leading pest control companies
Description of Duties:
- Quote and sell pest control products and services, both individual treatments and ongoing pest protection programs
- Follow IPM (Integrated Pest Management) protocols
- Solve complex pest infestations in a variety of structures and settings
- Perform daily jobs as assigned admin/management
- Prompt response to service requests
- Provide and maintain a quality of work that exceeds customer expectations
- Stay current on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the pest control industry
- Operate and maintain provided vehicle, uniform and equipment
– The candidate must possess the following
- High school diploma and/or College diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary licenses/certificates as required by Federal, Provincial and local regulations
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while adhering to training, directions, policies or procedures
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Must be professional and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of smart phones, email, google calendar, word and other apps/programs as required
- Available to work Monday-Friday, with the occasional request for overtime.
– Preferred qualifications – (Willing to train the right candidate if required)
- BC Structural Pest Management License preferred but not necessary
- Basic understanding of residential/commercial structures.
- Previous work with hand tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Previous work with wildlife/humane relocation/exclusion
- Previous work in sales
- Previous work in customer service
– Industry requirements
- Ability to occasionally work on ladders and locations involving heights
- Ability to occasionally work in confined/small spaces
- Is not allergic to wasps/hornets
- Facial hair must be kept in a way to allow a respirator to properly seal to your face, for your safety (unfortunately no beards)
We are an equal opportunity and drug free employer
Please apply the form below with your cover letter, resume, expected hourly rate, and availability to start. This is a full-time position, available immediately.