K9 Bed Bug Inspection
A thorough examination by a K9 team is highly recommended due to the high degree of accuracy and speed, as it allows us to quickly confirm if bed bugs are present in the house or not.
Call 1st Pest Control and our Certified Pest Control Technicians and friendly office staff will begin creating a customized treatment program to get your pest problem under control.
At 1st Pest Control, we aim to help you reclaim your space from pests and wildlife.
K9 Bed bug detection
If you suspect your home may be harbouring bed begs, A K9 inspection team is your best option for the detection of these parasitic insects. Our K9 inspection team is comprised of a handler and three dogs (Hitch A Roo, Alley Oop and Lilly Loo) who have been extensively trained in the detection of live bed bugs and their eggs.
The K9 team enters the building and travels through the search area. If the dog points to a particular spot, the handler, a professional pest expert, will visually check the area for live bed bug activity.
While bed bug traps and human inspections are viable ways to detect bed bugs, a K9 inspection team can identify even one live bed bug or viable egg that may be missed by conventional visual inspection methods.
Why a K9 Inspection by 1st Pest Control is recommended
- Highly accurate: Dogs have a 10,000–100,000x greater sense of smell than humans. They devote 40x more brainpower to the sense of smell than humans do.
- Fast detection: A dog can inspect an entire house much faster than just a visual human inspector.
- Our dog can detect live bed bugs, viable eggs.
- Thorough inspection of the property: While a human inspection can focus on specific areas where the infestation is located, a dog starts inspecting the moment it walks into the property.
- Trusted: Our k9 team holds a W.D.D.O (World Detector Dog Organization) annual certification by an independent third-party.
Types of properties accurately inspected
- Single-family homes and multi-dwelling complexes
- Office space
- Medical institutions
- Social housing
- Commercial premises
Are you suspicious of a bed bug infestation?
- Have you been traveling recently?
- Have you brought used items into your home?
- Have you noticed insect activity on your bed or furniture?
- Are you waking up with itchy red marks on your skin?
Don’t hesitate to contact us. We can help you detect and eliminate bed bug infestations!
- Our K9 inspection team will arrive at your residence at the appointed time and the handler will first to conduct a pre-inspection of the area that entails a safety hazard evaluation and to confirm the area is sufficiently prepared for the dog to conduct the inspection. Factors such as potential harbourage sites and the best path for the dog to move through the home will be determined
- As the K9 team moves through the search area, should the K9 indicate to any specific areas, the handler, who is also a licensed pest technician, will visually verify the area for live bed bug activity. We do not recommend treatments unless we can confirm the presence of live bed bug activity.
A bed bug infestation is a health concern. Reactions from bed bug bites are different for each person and range from no reaction to itchiness, swelling, redness, and other skin problems. Bed bug bites may also have a delayed onset of symptoms, days or weeks after being bitten.
The presence of bed bugs is stressful for those affected and might lead to the sleeplessness, anxiety, and other health-related issues.
One Time Inspections
If you think you might have bed bugs in your home, business or apt. building, rather than having a technician attend why not have our K9 team respond? We can conduct the most accurate bed bug detection procedure in a fraction of the time it would take a person to search.
Pro-active, pre-scheduled K9 services
The best way to stay ahead of future bed bug infestations in your premises is to have ongoing searches set up with our K9 team. By sweeping a set number of units per service, it allows us to find any new infestations at their lowest levels. This is critical to keeping bed bug costs down over the long term. We offer weekly, monthly, bi-monthly and quarterly service options. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.