Grass Roots Organization is Looking for a Experienced Sales and Service Technician! (Full-Time)
As a grass roots initiative with a desire to do things differently industry leader in pest control and bed bug extermination in the Lower Mainland, 1st Pest Control has experienced unprecedented growth over the last several years, and as a result, we are looking for career minded technicians to help us keep up with demand.
Are you tired of national pest control brands that treat you like a number? As a locally owned and operated company, we treat each employee as family. 1st Pest Control is on the leading edge of pest control technology and techniques. We offer Heat remediation for bed bug control, K9 inspection services, operate a Raptor Safe Program to help protect wild bird species, and on the job and paid training for our employees in newly approved standards, protocols, and operating procedures.
1st Pest Control offer a competitive wage, an awesome working environment and support from senior staff and help when needed for those tricky pest situations. This is your opportunity to join a fun and dynamic team of professionals in a company that values it’s small-business, family-oriented culture! Customer education is the most important thing 1st Pest Control offers. We are not simply looking to spray a chemical or apply a product and hope to solve a pest problem. Instead, we encourage excellent communication between our pest control specialists and our clients, so they understand why we are completing a treatment the way we are, or why preparation work is essential to eliminating a persistent pest infestation, etc. By educating our clientele, we are able to build relationships with our customers for years to come! While our work is carried out during regular business hours, occasionally we may require project to be completed during evenings and weekends and request that candidate have scheduling flexibility.
Benefits of working for 1st Pest Control:
- Vehicle & cell phone
- Ongoing training
- Extended benefits
- Tools, equipment, and uniforms supplied
- Staff events
- A competitive salary with incentive based structure
Description of Duties:
- Quote and sell pest control products and services, both individual treatments and ongoing pest protection programs
- Follow IPM (Integrated Pest Management) protocols
- Solve complex pest infestations in a variety of structures and settings
- Perform daily jobs as assigned admin/management
- Prompt response to service requests
- Provide and maintain a quality of work that exceeds customer expectations
- Stay current on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the pest control industry
- Operate and maintain provided vehicle, uniform and equipment
- 3 to 5 year of pest control experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary licenses/certificates as required by Federal, Provincial and local regulations
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while adhering to training, directions, policies or procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Must be professional and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of current technology, computer operating systems.
- Experience with M Help Desk is an asset.
- BC Structural Pest Management License
- Basic understanding of residential/commercial structures.
- Previous work with hand tools & power tools
- Previous work with wildlife/humane relocation/exclusion
- Previous work in sales
- Previous work in customer service
- Confined space certificate
- Ladder Safe
We are an equal opportunity and drug free employer.
Please apply to Info@1stpestcontrol.ca with your cover letter, resume, expected hourly rate, and availability to start. This is a full-time position, available immediately.